[BlackBerry-Python] PySide for BB10

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Tue Jan 15 21:06:39 EST 2013

On 2013-01-15 20:12, Martin Kolman wrote:
> relevant part of the debug log for "from PySide.QtGui import QApplication":
>
> dlopen("PySide/QtGui.so", 2);
> ldd:FATAL: Unresolved symbol "_Z17init_QPrinterInfoP7_object" called
> from QtGui.so

This reminds me a lot of when Ritesh and I were trying to get the basic
PySide build working for the PlayBook, and had to strip out certain
things that didn't look likely to be compatible.  I don't recall the
specifics but you'd see signs of them in our patch files at
http://hg.microcode.ca/blackberry-py/src/500d90ca1dbee18fbc58ed1921d464c39377892b/patches/02-pyside-qnx.patch?at=pyside

I just peeked there, and QSound was one of them.  I wouldn't think
QPrinterInfo would have the pieces needed to support it, so stripping it
out in similar fashion seems like a reasonable step.

-Peter