[BlackBerry-Python] PySide for BB10

Martin Kolman martin.kolman at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 07:58:08 EST 2013

Dne 16.1.2013 03:06, Peter Hansen napsal(a):
> On 2013-01-15 20:12, Martin Kolman wrote:
>> relevant part of the debug log for "from PySide.QtGui import
>> QApplication":
>>
>> dlopen("PySide/QtGui.so", 2);
>> ldd:FATAL: Unresolved symbol "_Z17init_QPrinterInfoP7_object" called
>> from QtGui.so
>
> This reminds me a lot of when Ritesh and I were trying to get the
> basic PySide build working for the PlayBook, and had to strip out
> certain things that didn't look likely to be compatible.  I don't
> recall the specifics but you'd see signs of them in our patch files at
> http://hg.microcode.ca/blackberry-py/src/500d90ca1dbee18fbc58ed1921d464c39377892b/patches/02-pyside-qnx.patch?at=pyside
>
> I just peeked there, and QSound was one of them.  I wouldn't think
> QPrinterInfo would have the pieces needed to support it, so stripping
> it out in similar fashion seems like a reasonable step.
>
> -Peter
Thanks for the hint ! :)

I think I am getting somewhere. I've removed QPrinterInfo from both the
Makefiles & typesystem XML files (just removing it from the makefiles
was surprisingly not enough). Like this I get rid of the QPrinterInfo
error, but got a similar printer related one. So I'm now iteratively
removing all the offending classes (all print related so far).

Let's hope it works once a few more are removed. :)

Kind regards
Martin Kolman