[BlackBerry-Python] PySide for BB10

Martin Kolman martin.kolman at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 20:12:12 EST 2013

And indeed it helped somewhat ! :)

Now it loads stuff from PySide.QtCore just fine, but when importing:
from PySide.QtGui import QApplication
or
from PySide.QtDeclarative import QDeclarativeView
the Python interpreter quits with:

ldd:FATAL: Unresolved symbol "_Z17init_QPrinterInfoP7_object" called
from QtGui.so

debug log for loading stuff from QtCore:
import PySide # directory PySide
import PySide # from PySide/__init__.py
# wrote PySide/__pycache__/__init__.cpython-32.pyc
dlopen("PySide/QtCore.so", 2);
dlopen("/usr/lib/python3.2/lib-dynload/atexit.so", 2);
import atexit # dynamically loaded from
/usr/lib/python3.2/lib-dynload/atexit.so
import PySide.QtCore # dynamically loaded from PySide/QtCore.so

(seems to work fine)

relevant part of the debug log for "from PySide.QtGui import QApplication":

dlopen("PySide/QtGui.so", 2);
ldd:FATAL: Unresolved symbol "_Z17init_QPrinterInfoP7_object" called
from QtGui.so

$

relevant part of the debug log for "from PySide.QtDeclarative import
QDeclarativeView":

dlopen("PySide/QtDeclarative.so", 2);
dlopen("PySide/QtNetwork.so", 2);
import PySide.QtNetwork # dynamically loaded from PySide/QtNetwork.so
dlopen("PySide/QtGui.so", 2);
ldd:FATAL: Unresolved symbol "_Z17init_QPrinterInfoP7_object" called
from QtGui.so

$

(looks like it has QtGui as a dependency so it also crashes)

According to the Qt Documentation, the QPRintInfo class
(http://doc.qt.digia.com/qt/qprinterinfo.html)
should be present in the QtGui module.

Maybe it is in some other *.so I need to manually load ?

Or is there some library mismatch ?

Still, I find it quite weird to have issues with a symbol related to
printing on a mobile embedded device. :)

I have tried bot import from the command line & packaging + running the
result, both with the same error.

Still, I hope we are getting closer. :)

Best wishes
Martin Kolman