[BlackBerry-Python] python on Q10

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Tue Feb 26 13:31:16 EST 2013

On 2013-02-26 18:00, Xitij Ritesh Patel wrote:
> That's interesting. I don't understand why it would only look for
> compiled files.
>
> I've always shipped compiled files without issue. But this is worth
> investigating to ensure there hasn't been a big change.

Ritesh, it must be a change in the 10.1 build for the Python 3.2 runtime.

I've just submitted updated versions of Battery Guru and Fuel Traqker,
built with only .pyc files. I also had a friend test a copy of White
Noise built this way on 10.1 and sure enough, it works just fine.

It's not a bad thing to ship .pyc files at this point (if there's no
risk of them changing to 3.3 any time soon) but I do worry that this
change might disable certain functionality that would be useful in some
apps, specifically compiling dynamically generated code.

I'll explore more once/if I can get a 10.1 simulator going, or if get a
Dev Alpha C.

-Peter